I am talking about the Cotton Candy, a prototype of a mini PC that has very interesting features like Quad Core processor, WiFi connectivity and Bluethoot, 1GB of RAM, micro SD card support up to 64GB Full HD video, and USB port and HDMI.
It allows users a single, secure point of access to all personal cloud services and apps through their favorite operating system, while delivering a consistent experience on any screen. This mini PC is not yet on sale, but is expected to be launched in the first quarter of 2012.
The Cotton Candy is a USB stick sized compute device. The device will serve as a companion to smartphones, tablets, and notebook PC and Macs, as well add smart capabilities to existing displays, TVs, set top boxes and other media that supports USB mass storage.
- Quad Core ARM® Mali™-400MP Graphics Processing Unit
– Quad-core ARM Mali-400MP 720p / 1080p OpenGL ES v2.0
– 30M Polygons, 1.2 GPixels / s
- ARM® Cortex™-A9@1.2GHz
– NEON extensions
– TrustZone extensions
Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Up to 64GB memory local storage (microSD)
– Virtualization client for Windows, Linux, Mac, embedded
- Video / Audio / Media Support
– 480p/720p/1080p decode of MPEG4-SP/H.263/H.264 AVC/MPEG-2/VC1
– MP3, AAC, AAC+, Real Audio
– JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG
– Additional video, audio and image formats can be supported through 3rd party codecs
– USB 2.0 male form factor for power and connection to devices that supports USB mass storage
– HDMI 2.1 with audio for connection to devices that does not support USB mass storage