Camera lenses may get jammed due to several reasons. One possibility would be some kind of barrier in the lens barrel, while the other possibility is that the camera lens that could be jammed would be dropping of the camera with extended lens. Lens jamming is most common problem, while some other issue most of the photographers face is from that irritating strap which they need to hold all the time. You are currently having some best camera strap upgrade options available.
C-Loop Camera Stap Mount is one of the best solution for getting rid of strap annoyance while taking photos. C-Loop helps you to improve your shooting experience and it is going to be the one of the best upgrades for your camera. with C-Loop your camera swivels entire 360 degress for smooth panning.
In both the cases, lens of the camera will be blocked completely, and you won’t be able to capture any pictures.
In the following sections, we are presenting some guidelines on how to fix jammed cameras lens, just read through the steps.
Some Easy Steps to Fix your Camera Lens Problem
- If your camera is still under warranty period, first call the manufacturer and try visiting their official; check whether they will fix your problem. If your device is out of warranty, then repair it yourself, but be very sure to ask an exact quote before giving your camera out for lens repair.
- Make sure that your camera has new batteries, and also check if it is in recording mode.
- Take away the batteries, wait for a few minutes, and then insert them back-in, and power-on the camera.
- Try compressed air. Make use of a fine tip blow-off gun, and dry 20 lbs compressed air, position the tip between the camera body and the lens turret, and switch on the air while rotating the tip around the camera lens. This process should eliminate all sand and dust, and your camera lens should work fine after turning on.
- Another way is to hit the protected USB cover part against a solid surface such as desk. It may sound very simple, but it has worked fine in many cases.
- Set the camera on its back, and try looking at the lens from its side. It may appear faintly crooked. If this is the situation, simply power up your device and apply force gently to the lens side so as to push it centre, and then it should extend fully.
- If the camera lens doesn’t enlarge at all or it enlarges and then again retracts, try doing this. Switch off the camera, take it in one-hand, and then with the other smoothly take one part of the lens, gently move it in a circular movement. You should repeat the same process with both slices of the lens. If you can hear a click sound as it pops back to exact place, then the lens will work fine.
- Another method to repair would be to drag and curl on the biggest ring of your camera lens, while switching the camera on.
- If none of the above mentioned procedures work, you can just try dismantling the whole camera, and then try to fix the lens.