There are times when we have a music collection on CD or a disk and we need to transfer the music on our PC. CDex is an application that will allow us to rip an audio CD and convert it to MP3 format and transfer to our computer.
CDex can extract the data directly (digital) from an Audio CD, which is generally called a CD Ripper or a CDDA utility. The resulting audio file can be a plain WAV file (useful for making compilation audio CDs) or the ripped audio data can be compressed using an audio encoder.
Main Feature List of CDex
- Direct recording of multiple tracks
- Read / store album information from/to the cdplayer.ini file
- Read / store album information from/to a local and/or remote CD Database (CDDB)
- Support CD-Text (if your CD-drive supports it)
- Advanced jitter correction (based on the cd-paranoia ripping library)
- Indicates track progress and jitter control
- Normalization of audio signal
- Supports many CD-Drive from many manufacters
- Conversion of external WAV files
- Support for M3U and PLS play list files
- Best of all, it’s free (GPL license, source code available)
- Serveral languages are supported
The method of ripping is quite simple, we just insert the CD, run CDex Portable and choose the songs you want to convert. Conversion is fairly fast and on the fly, of course you can set the quality of the conversion, about 256kb is recommended to keep the original sound quality.
CDex is a very small software easy to operate and convert your audio cd ‘s and of course this is free software.
Link | Portable CDex