You are a tech junkie and you also love multimedia. You do own an Apple smartdevice but they just don’t have enough memory to store all you favorite audio and video files. Don’t worry, Air Playit comes to the rescue.
What is Air Playit?
It is a free app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that lets you stream your multimedia content like audio and video over Wi-Fi or 3G or 4G network. Stream whaever you want, even a movie. There’s no need of converting the video file because the app is capable of live conversion!
For using Air Playit you will need to setup a server on your Mac/PC and install the Air Playit client app on your iOS device. Setting up remote connect is also simple, else you can refer to this forum thread.
Features of Air Playit:
- Automated server discovery on local network by Bonjour Service.
- Adds remote server by specifying IP address.
- Supports streaming all 1080P/1080i HD videos, such as MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, TP, MPEG-TS, AVC and MOD.
- Supports regular videos including MPEG1/2, WMV, ASF, AVI, MOV, RM/RMBV, FLV, MP4, H.264, M4V, WTV, WebM.
- Supports multi-audio tracks video and let you choose any language in the video file.
- Adjusts video/audio quality and resolution for each video individually.
- Chooses and adjusts default video/audio quality, resolution and FPS for different network connection type including local WiFi, remote WiFi, 3G and 4G to get the highest video viewing effect.
- Automatically lists the recent played videos and remember the last play point for each video.
- Downloads all compatible Audios videos to Download Library inside iPhone or iPad.
- Setup permissions to the shared folders. Three permission levels are available: Admin, Kids and Public.
- Resumes downloading at breaking-point. If you already started downloading the video, Air Playit can remember and lets you choose whether to download from where you left off, or to start over.
- Option to remotely power off your home computer after finishing watching.